Vacancy: Technical Analyst
Salary: £30 – £40k (depending on skills and experience) + benefits
Location: UK-based. Flexible/remote options are available – the role-holder needs to be based in the UK and spend at least 1-2 days a month in our Birmingham office (once the pandemic is over).
Working hours: Monday to Friday, (we’re happy to discuss flexible working hours, the majority of our clients have office hours of 10-6)
We have written this guide about what to expect if you’re thinking about applying for a job at Substrakt.
Reporting to: Project Delivery Lead
Deadline for applications: Monday 30th August 2021.
Interviews will be held remotely via Zoom
We are looking for an experienced, conscientious Technical Analyst to support our delivery teams and ensure we are defining and delivering the right solutions.
You will be an important part of our delivery team, working directly with clients, users, and developers to ensure that the work we produce meets and surpasses user needs and expectations.
Typically our projects are websites, apps or other digital products for organizations in the arts, cultural and heritage sectors, for example performance venues, performing arts groups or museums.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- working closely with our clients to identify, articulate and capture user requirements
- ensuring that our clients and our team have clarity over what we need to deliver and the problem(s) we’re trying to solve
- anticipating, managing and resolving potential issues with the solutions we deliver
- work with our project managers to clearly communicate and explain the delivery of new work to clients
- deliver and report on usability testing (remote, observed, and in-person)
- training clients how to use the products we build for them
- evaluating and analysing whether the work we deliver is successful (based on whatever metrics we define)
To be great at this job we are looking for the following skills and experience:
- an understanding of web technologies and the digital space
- experience working with non-technical users to capture and define requirements
- experience working with CI development teams
- comfortable assessing the technical potential new systems, products, and services (e.g. comfortable with technical documentation, interrogating API calls)
- experience managing usability testing
- you are passionate and informed about digital products
- you have great organisational skills
- you thrive in a fast-paced environment
- you have experience of working in a start-up or agency environment
The following knowledge and experience would also be helpful, though not essential, so if you have any experience with some/any of them, we would love to hear from you:
- an understanding of the cultural sector and the type of technologies used by cultural organisations (ticketing, fundraising, ecommerce, CRM, etc)
- Previous experience working with international clients (particularly organisations in North America, mainland Europe, Australia and New Zealand)
- Experience managing relationships with stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
- Previous experience working with WordPress as a CMS
- An understanding of how project management works in Agile projects
Personal traits, experiences and skills that make you great for this role are:
- You are an enthusiastic self-starter, you’re proactive and comfortable working autonomously
- You’re comfortable dealing with competing priorities
- Are a confident communicator; written, verbal and in-person
Why Join Substrakt?
At Substrakt we believe that arts and culture enriches lives and brings society together. We want to ensure that amazing cultural experiences can be enjoyed as widely as possible by harnessing the power of digital technology.
Substrakt creates websites and web applications for cultural organisations. The types of organisations we work with include theatres, performing arts centres, music venues, museums, galleries, and performance groups in Europe and North America.
We work with some of the most exciting and interesting cultural organisations in the world including Shakespeare’s Globe, the National Theatre, Sadler’s Wells, Santa Fe Opera, Royal Court Theatre, Bridge Theatre, and Royal Academy of Arts amongst many others. You can read more about the work we do, and the people we work with, here https://substrakt.com/who-we-work-with/
We also provide consultancy services and training on analytics, digital strategy, ticketing, project management and digital community events.
By supporting organizations with their digital needs, we enable them to reach new and wider audiences so that arts and culture can be accessed and enjoyed by everyone.
Life at Substrakt
At Substrakt we believe that work should be an enjoyable part of life and we put effort and resources into making this a reality for our team.
We have a friendly and supportive culture that enables our team to do their best work and develop their skills. We are selective about the clients we work with, so that we build rewarding relationships and work on exciting projects.
We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to grow. This includes formal training, going to industry conferences, and informal knowledge-sharing sessions.
We have a great set of benefits as standard:
- Flexible working patterns, agreed in advance and available from day 1, including part-time hours, condensed hours, flexible start and end times and remote working. We’ll discuss this with you upfront, so you can feel comfortable knowing a role at Substrakt will give you the work life balance you want.
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays) and no fixed holiday dates, so you can use your leave when it suits you. Plus, your holiday will increase by a day for every two years you are part of the team.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave policies.
- Annual allowance of £500 to spend on books, courses, conferences and training – anything that helps you build skills to thrive in your role – and 6 days off per year for you to focus exclusively on your professional development.
- Monthly health and wellbeing allowance of £50 to spend on anything that helps you feel your healthiest and best self. This includes anything from hobbies, to the gym, to childcare, talking therapy, a donation to a cause you care about, entertainment or a nice dinner!
- Free NHS cashback health plan – enabling employees to claim cashback on health costs such as dental treatment, scans, prescriptions and much more. Access to an employee assistance helpline, counselling, and accident cover is also included. The plan is also available for our employee’s partners and children.
- Annual profit share scheme.
- Free weekly yoga classes
- Free weekly Distrakt sessions where we play games, do quizzes and other things to unwind
- Team outings to theatres, historic sites and cultural events through our network of client partners.
- Quarterly team lunches and a varied selection of optional, relaxed social events.
We want to ensure our team stays safe and is given as much flexibility as possible to manage the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and we have the following measures in place:
- Our team is currently working 100% remotely and will continue to do so until the pandemic is over.
- We are conducting all interviews for this role remotely.
- We allow flexitime as standard to enable staff to meet caring commitments
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your experience and an outline of why you think you would be a good fit for this role.
Substrakt is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
We are committed to making Substrakt an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all, read more about our commitment to inclusivity.
Deadline for applications: Monday 30th August 2021