Vacancy: Support Manager
Salary: £32,000 – £35,000 (depending on skills and experience) + benefits
Location: ideally you will be able to spend some time each week in our Birmingham or London office
Working hours: Monday to Friday, (we’re happy to discuss flexible working hours, the majority of our clients have office hours of 10-6)
Deadline for applications: Monday 6th July
Substrakt makes websites and digital products for organisations in the arts, cultural and heritage sectors in Europe and North America. We also provide consultancy and training services.
We are looking for an experienced, organised and conscientious Support Manager to join our ongoing Client Services team working across our existing client base.
You will be joining a skilled, committed and friendly team of 23. Split across offices in London and Birmingham, we work with some of the most exciting and interesting cultural organisations in the world including Shakespeare’s Globe, Santa Fe Opera, Royal Court Theatre, English National Opera, Bridge Theatre, American Repertory Theater, Birmingham Hippodrome, Royal Academy of Arts and Turner Contemporary amongst many others. You can read more about the work we do, and the people we work with, here https://substrakt.com/who-we-work-with/
At Substrakt we aim to foster an ambitious, supportive and collaborative working environment. We don’t believe in unnecessary hierarchies and distractions, our focus is on enabling the delivery of the best quality work and services possible.
As well as sending staff to conferences and industry events, everyone has a professional development allowance and we regularly run internal knowledge sharing sessions. We value our staff and want to support their ambitions and professional development.
The Support Manager will be a vital member of our ongoing Client Services team where they will monitor and provide first responses to incoming requests from the client base, helping the team to triage, plan, prioritise and deliver work within our agreed client SLAs.
They will work closely with our clients, ensuring support and development tickets are well articulated and understood, and that clients have clarity and visibility over the work being delivered.
They will actively manage all support-related communications with our clients and ensure our existing sites are maintained and developed to the same standards and rigour of their initial launch.
They will work collaboratively alongside our Head of Client Services to ensure clients are kept up to date on progress, high priority issues are dealt with in a timely manner and assist the team in prioritising their work.
They will work closely with our Technical Lead and Technical Analyst, ensuring the team is conducting appropriate QA and that clients understand how to use and make the most of the functionality we deliver.
- thrive being at the centre of a busy and fast paced environment where priorities and context switch daily – from scoping a new project with a client or writing documentation to ensuring quick fixes and bugs are identified and resolved quickly
- have an interest in, and understanding of, web development, web technologies and digital activity and feel comfortable triaging incoming requests
- enjoy interacting with clients and colleagues to ensure we are always delivering the best, most appropriate solutions
- quickly identify dissatisfaction or frustrations with recurring issues and implement suitable solutions (such as specific training opportunities or feedback for the wider team)
- have an interest (and ideally experience) in the business of arts and cultural organisations and the needs of their users
- have an exceptional eye for detail, always ensuring work is tested thoroughly and meets requirements
- you’re not afraid to interrogate proposed solutions and be the “critical friend” when it comes to development ideas from the client base, providing alternative solutions or advice where necessary
- are a product expert – and care about our clients being product experts too so that they fully utilise all of the tools available
- always champion the client and put them at the heart of the work we do in Client Services
Some (or all) of the following knowledge and experience would also be helpful…
- Experience of using support desk products such as Zendesk, Freshdesk, etc (we use Freshdesk)
- Experience and a passion for helping teams to work efficiently and produce high quality work that keeps our clients happy
- Experience in a client-facing role and/or the ability to clearly communicate complex issues and proposed solutions
- Experience of accurately estimating work (and understanding when and why estimates will be less accurate) and monitoring progress internally against the original estimates
- Experience in training clients with a range of technical or digital skills and can quickly identify training needs and knowledge gaps
- Experience in testing or QA
- Competitive salary (reviewed annually)
- Profit-share scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays)
- Your birthday off
- Additional leave for long service (from 2 years service onwards)
- Professional development fund
- Wellness fund
- Flexible and remote working
- Competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave allowances
- Regular social outings to see performances, exhibitions etc at our client venues
Please contact Ash, Managing Director and Emily, Head of Client Services on email@example.com with details of your experience and an outline of why you think you would be a good fit for this role.
Substrakt is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
Deadline for applications: Monday 6th July 2020