Vacancy: Studio Resource Manager
Salary: £35,000 + benefits
Location: Flexible/remote options are available – the role-holder needs to be based in the UK and spend at least one day per fortnight in our Birmingham office.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, (we’re happy to discuss flexible working hours)
Deadline for applications: Friday 18th June
We are looking for a friendly, organised Studio Resource Manager to join our team.
This person will be in charge of scheduling all work at the company and will work closely with the leadership team to report on capacity planning and utilisation.
They will also inform the ongoing growth of the team, ensuring we have the right people and skills to deliver our work to the highest standards.
Why Join Substrakt?
At Substrakt we believe that arts and culture enriches lives and brings society together. We want to ensure that amazing cultural experiences can be enjoyed as widely as possible by harnessing the power of digital technology.
Substrakt creates digital solutions for cultural organisations. The types of organisations we work with include theatres, performing arts centres, music venues, museums, galleries, and performance groups in Europe and North America.
We work with some of the most exciting and interesting cultural organisations in the world including Shakespeare’s Globe, Santa Fe Opera, Royal Court Theatre, American Repertory Theater, Bridge Theatre, Malmö Live, Sadler’s Wells and Malmö Opera amongst over 65 others. Read more about the work we do, and the people we work with.
We also provide consultancy services and training on analytics, content, digital strategy, ticketing, user experience, and project management.
By supporting organisations with their digital needs, we enable them to reach new and wider audiences so that arts and culture can be accessed and enjoyed by everyone.
The Studio Resource Manager will be responsible for scheduling and managing the flow of all work delivered at Substrakt.
The role will work closely with our Head of Delivery and Support Manager, and their key focus will be resource scheduling and appropriately assigning work.
This will include evaluating the work coming in, understanding the available resources and skillsets in the team, and assigning and scheduling the most appropriate people to do the work.
Capacity planning will be key, ensuring we have enough (and the right) resources to deliver any work we commit to.
The Studio Resource Manager will inform any proposed timelines and the feasibility of delivery (if timelines are pre-defined), as well as advising on the potential growth of the team.
Continued capacity monitoring and reporting on utilisation will be an essential part of the role, ensuring team members aren’t overstretched or under-utilised.
The ideal candidate
- Is very organised and meticulous in their approach
- Is a pragmatic problem-solver
- Is an excellent communicator
- Has a good understanding of digital projects and the skills required to deliver this work
- Has an awareness of delivery methodologies like Agile/Scrum
Some of the following knowledge and experience would be helpful (but is not essential):
- Experience working in a busy agency environment
- Experience working in a remote team with colleagues based in multiple locations (across different time zones)
- Experience preparing and presenting data and reports
- An interest in the arts and culture sector
Life at Substrakt
At Substrakt we believe that work should be an enjoyable part of life and we put effort and resources into making this a reality for our team.
We have a friendly and supportive culture that enables our team to do their best work and develop their skills, we value curiosity, compassion and respect. We are selective about the clients we work with, so that we build rewarding relationships and work on exciting projects.
We have offices in London and Birmingham and team members based across the UK, as well as in Toronto, and Sydney.
We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to grow. This includes formal training, going to industry conferences, and regular informal knowledge-sharing sessions.
We have a great set of benefits as standard:
- Fully flexible working patterns, agreed in advance and available from day 1, including part-time hours, condensed hours, flexible start and end times and 100% remote working. We’ll discuss this with you upfront, so you can feel comfortable knowing a role at Substrakt will give you the work life balance you want.
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays) and no fixed holiday dates, so you can use your leave when it suits you. Plus, your holiday will increase by a day for every two years you are part of the team.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave policies.
- Free NHS cashback health plan – enabling employees to claim cashback on health costs such as dental treatment, scans, prescriptions and much more. Access to an employee assistance helpline, counselling, and accident cover is also included. The plan is also available for our employee’s partners and children.
- Annual profit share scheme.
- Annual allowance of £500 to spend on books, courses, conferences and training – anything that helps you build skills to thrive in your role – and 6 days off per year for you to focus exclusively on your professional development.
- Monthly health and wellbeing allowance of £50 to spend on anything that helps you feel your healthiest and best self. This includes anything from hobbies, to the gym, to childcare, talking therapy, a donation to a cause you care about, entertainment, or a nice meal out!
- Free weekly yoga classes
- Free weekly Distrakt sessions where we play games, do quizzes and other things to unwind
- Regularly bringing the team together for outings to theatres, historic sites and cultural events through our network of client partners.
- Quarterly team lunches and a varied selection of optional, relaxed social events.
Please contact our HR & Office Manager, Laura on email@example.com with details of your experience and an outline of why you think you would be a good fit for this role.
Substrakt is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
Deadline for applications: Friday 18th June 2021