Salary: £40 – £45k (depending on skills and experience)
Based in Birmingham or London
Monday to Friday, 9 – 5 (but we’re happy to discuss flexible working hours)
Substrakt makes websites and digital products for organisations in the arts, cultural and heritage sectors in Europe and North America. We also provide consultancy and training services.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Head of Strategy to work with new and existing clients. This new role will be responsible for, amongst other things, working closely with the Head of Project Delivery around project initiation and direction, and with the Head of Client Services to ensure that our service offering to existing clients meets their needs and anticipates and responds appropriately to the ever-changing and evolving digital landscape.
You will be joining a skilled, committed and friendly team of 18. Split across offices in London, Birmingham and Chicago we work with some of the most exciting and interesting cultural organisations in the world including Shakespeare’s Globe, Royal Court Theatre, English National Opera, Bridge Theatre, American Repertory Theater, Birmingham Hippodrome and The Hepworth Wakefield amongst many others.
At Substrakt we aim to foster an ambitious, supportive and collaborative working environment. We don’t believe in unnecessary hierarchies and distractions, our focus is on enabling the delivery of the best quality work possible. As well as sending staff to conferences and industry events, everyone has a professional development allowance and we regularly run internal knowledge sharing sessions. We value our staff and want to support their ambitions and professional development.
The Head of Strategy will be part of the senior management team and will work closely with the Managing, Technical and Creative directors to shape the strategic direction of the company in relation to the products and services we deliver, the way we work, and the clients we work with.
You will be involved in all aspects of the company’s work, from involvement in new business development to leading project initiation and discovery to building and strengthening relationships with our existing clients and ensuring that all areas of our service offer are considered, appropriate and providing value for our clients.
This is a new role in the organisation so we expect it will inevitably evolve over the first year, however the following areas have already been identified as priorities for the role from day one…
- Work closely with the Head of Client Services and the ongoing team to develop a clear understanding of our client needs and ambitions and ensure that our products and services continue to be considered and appropriate.
- Work with clients to ensure they are making the most of their digital activity.
- Work closely with the Head of Project Delivery and the project delivery team to initiate new projects and take a lead on the discovery phase.
- Represent Substrakt by speaking at and attending relevant conferences and events.
- Work closely with the Managing Director to identify and follow up new business opportunities.
- Shape Substrakt’s marketing and content strategy and activities
- Ensure our clients and our team are fully aware of broader trends which will (or should) impact their digital activity and thinking.
These are not ‘essential’, however should give you some idea of the sort of experience we are expecting the successful candidate to have…
- 4+ years working in a similar role.
- Experience working with arts or cultural organisations.
- Experience working with and influencing senior decision-makers.
- Experience developing and communicating strategic ideas and planning.
- Experience communicating complex insights and actions in an effective, compelling manner to non-technical users.
- Experience planning, designing and/or delivering digital activity.
- Experience leading training sessions and workshops.
- Experience producing written editorial and marketing content.
Salary and benefits:
- £40,000-£45,000 dependent on experience
- 25 days leave (plus bank holidays) plus your birthday off
- Professional development, training and conference allowances
- Flexible working hours
Email email@example.com with details of your experience and an outline of why you think you’d be a good fit for this role by Friday 31st May.
Substrakt is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
No agencies please.
Interviews will be held in w/c 10th June, at either our office in Birmingham or London.