Vacancy – Digital Analyst
Based in Birmingham or London
Monday to Friday, 9 – 5 (but we’re happy to discuss flexible working hours)
Closing date for applications: Friday 5th April
Substrakt makes websites and digital products for organisations in the arts, cultural and heritage sectors in Europe and North America. We also provide consultancy and training services.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Analyst to work closely with our clients to ensure their digital activity is measured and optimised effectively. You will also work closely with clients to help them understand making the most of key digital marketing concepts, tools and products.
You will be joining a skilled, committed and friendly team of 18. Split across offices in London, Birmingham and Chicago we work with some of the most exciting and interesting cultural organisations in the world including Shakespeare’s Globe, Royal Court Theatre, English National Opera, Bridge Theatre, American Repertory Theater, Birmingham Hippodrome and The Hepworth Wakefield amongst many others.
You will be an important new part of our client services team, working directly with clients and developers to ensure that the work we produce meets and surpasses user needs and expectations. This new role has been created in response to a growing number of requests from new and existing clients for advice and insights in this area – you will be empowered to be the leading expert in this area both as a resource for clients but also internally at Substrakt.
At Substrakt we aim to foster a supportive and collaborative working environment. We don’t believe in unnecessary hierarchies and distractions, our focus is on enabling the delivery of the best quality work possible. As well as sending staff to conferences and industry events, everyone has a book and training allowance, and we regularly run internal knowledge sharing sessions. We value our staff and want to support their ambitions and professional development.
Work should be enjoyable, we are selective about who we work with and as a result we have ambitious, rewarding relationships with really exciting clients.
- Understanding how users are interacting with client websites using a variety of tools e.g. Google Analytics, Hotjar, Fullstory
- Producing dashboards and regular reports to communicate user behaviour to clients in an actionable/insightful manner.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the implications of Google product developments (e.g. search, Adwords, Optimize, Tag Manager etc) on client websites/activity and producing/implementing recommendations where appropriate.
- producing a scalable approach to measuring how well client sites are performing in relation to SEO.
- Conducting regular SEO audits/health-checks of client websites.
- Working with the Technical Director to ensure we are incorporating SEO best practice in relation to our approach to development.
- Supporting client digital marketing activity where appropriate e.g. advise on campaign planning, implement relevant tracking on client websites via Google Tag Manager or other similar packages, report as appropriate on digital marketing activity.
- Providing insights to inform client approaches to content and channels
Undertaking Analytics audits of new and existing client websites.
- Working with delivery teams to measure the success (or otherwise) of new functionality.
- Delivering workshops and training to clients around the use of Analytics and SEO/PPC.
Experience and skills:
- 2+ years working in a similar role.
- Experience working with arts or cultural organisations (desirable).
- Experience communicating complex insights and actions in an effective, compelling manner to non-technical users.
- Experience leading training sessions and workshops.
- An understanding of and ability to learn more about other tools, including website tag management systems, A/B testing solutions and BI tools.
Salary and benefits:
- £25,000-£35,000 dependent on experience
- 25 days leave (plus bank holidays) plus your birthday off
- Book, training and conference allowances
- Flexible working hours
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your experience and an outline of why you think you’d be a good fit for this role by Friday 5th April.
Interviews will be held in w/c 8th April, at either our office in Birmingham or London.
Substrakt is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
No agencies please.