£30 – £40k (depending on skills and experience)
Based in Birmingham or London
Monday to Friday, 9 – 5 (but we’re happy to discuss flexible working hours)
Substrakt makes websites and digital products for organisations in the arts, cultural and heritage sectors in Europe and North America. We also provide consultancy and training services.
We are looking for an experienced, conscientious Technical QA Analyst to support our project delivery teams and ensure our technical output maintains the highest standards.
You will be joining a skilled, committed and friendly team of 18. Split across offices in London, Birmingham and Chicago we work with exciting and interesting cultural organisations including Shakespeare’s Globe, Royal Court Theatre, English National Opera, MCC Theater, Bridge Theatre, Birmingham Hippodrome and The Hepworth Wakefield amongst many others.
You will be an important new part of our delivery team, working directly with clients and developers to ensure that the work we produce meets and surpasses user needs and expectations.
You will enjoy understanding user motivations, priorities and needs, you will be sympathetic to organisational challenges and priorities. You will have a talent for problem-solving, trying to break software and working in a fast-paced, agency environment.
At Substrakt we aim to foster an ambitious, supportive and collaborative working environment. We don’t believe in unnecessary hierarchies and distractions, our focus is on enabling the delivery of the best quality work possible. As well as sending staff to conferences and industry events, everyone has a book allowance and we regularly run internal knowledge sharing sessions. We value our staff and want to support their ambitions and professional development.
- Work with the senior management team and clients to understand client business requirements and identify new opportunities.
- Work closely with the Technical Director and Head of Project Delivery to capture and define user requirements.
- Work directly with clients to capture requirements and produce clear, accurate scoping documentation.
- Work closely with the Substrakt delivery team to identify solutions to client needs
- Work with Substrakt delivery teams (ongoing and new projects) to ensure that work being produced meets user needs and expectations.
- Develop and oversee Substrakt’s QA processes.
- Be responsible for the QA processes across all of Substrakt’s technical output.
- Work with the Head of Project Delivery to clearly communicate the delivery of new work to clients.
- Guide and assist clients with User Acceptance Testing
- Capture and analyse user activity data (likely via Google Analytics, Hotjar and other similar tools) to ensure that Substrakt’s work is meeting user needs.
Experience and skills:
- 2+ years working in a QA or similar technical role (essential)
- Experience working with arts or cultural organisations (desirable)
- Experience working with non-technical users to capture and define requirements
- Experience working with CI development teams
Salary and benefits:
- £30,000-£40,000 dependent on experience
- 25 days leave (plus bank holidays) plus your birthday off
- Book, training and conference allowances
- Flexible working hours
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your experience and an outline of why you think you’d be a good fit for this role by Friday 1st March.
Substrakt is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
If you have any questions about the role, please just drop us a line at email@example.com and we’ll happily discuss things with you.
No agencies please.
Interviews will be held in early March at our office in Birmingham.